A palavra ordem vem se tornando cada vez mais intrigante. Afinal de contas, o que te organiza? Desmontando o fetiche dos extremos (ordem/desordem) e despindo-se da dualidade cartesiana, o que se revela é um modo organização que não se confunde com outra coisa senão com o estranho.
"(...) O que temos é a crise de uma noção central nos dispositivos de legitimação e no imaginário modernos: a noção de ordem. E com ela assistimos à rediscussão da noção de desordem (...)" Wilmar do Valle Barosa.
"A ordem? É tudo o que é repetição, constância, invariância, tudo o que pode ser posto sob a égide de uma relação altamente provável, enquadrado sob a dependência de uma lei.
A desordem? É tudo o que é irregularidade, desvios com relação a uma estrutura dada, acaso, imprevisibilidade. Num universo de pura ordem, não haveria inovação, criação, evolução. Não haveria existência viva nem humana" Edgar Morin.
"Ando muito completo de vazios. Meu órgão de morrer me predomina. Estou sem eternidades. Não posso mais saber quando amanheço ontem. Está rengo de mim o amanhecer. Ouço o tamanho oblíquo de uma folha. Atrás do ocaso fervem os insetos. Enfiei o que pude dentro de um grilo o meu destino. Essas coisas me mudam para cisco. A minha independência tem algemas". Os deslimites da palavra, Manoel de Barros.
As iniciativas do Arte Estranha buscam estimular a criação sonora e integrar artistas de diferentes perfis e projeções em torno de um mesmo eixo temático de trabalho. Assim, acreditamos estimular a produção e difusão musical, bem como fortalecer a diversidade que compõe a cena da música experimental que é feita hoje.
released May 12, 2023
Organização e produção: Arte Estranha
Masterização: Ricardo Thomasi
1. Domenico De Simone - Hypnos 07:01]
2. Beta Garcia - Desorder Mind [03:04]
3. Giovanna Lelis Airoldi & Jogus Oliveira - Travessias 1 [07:06]
4. Ricardo Thomasi & Débora Curti - Quedas [08:53]
5. Carolina Bee Araujo - Orquestra de tamborilar miudezas [02:26]
6. Juan Carlos Vasquez - Mono no aware [05:21]
7. K. R. Seward - By Hi [02:01]
8. Danilo Rossetti - Substâncias moldáveis - parte 2 [10:39]
9. Nicola Fumo Frattegiani - Materia Destrutturata [05:48]
A1 Lorenzo Abattoir – Invertebrato [5:13]
A2 Dominique Vaccaro – Sketch N. 2 [2:15]
A3 Marco Ferrazza – Libro Dei Campanacci [4:58]
A4 Andrea Borghi – TCTC [4:18]
A5 Nicola Fumo Frattegiani – Blocks #1 [3:06]
A6 Gaspare Sammartano – Tuffo Sacrilego [2:37]
B1 Fabio Perletta – Nucleazione IX [4:54]
B2 Angelo Bignamini – Senza Titolo [4:01]
B3 Devid Ciampalini – Eterna 3388 [3:23]
B4 Nàresh Ran – URBEXXX XIII [4:44]
B5 Giovanni Lami – Effimera [5:30]
Mastered By – Francesco Covarino
Contemporary Music – a sub-branch of classical music – is more alive than ever in the new album “In Focus 6” where eight different composers from different backgrounds and countries show us what it is possible to achieve when ingenious ideas meet talented performers.
The eight composers include (in order of track-list) João Pedro Oliveira, Gianluca Deserti, Rei Hamakawa, Nicola Fumo Frattegiani, Ion Marmarinos, Benjamin Montgomery, Philippe Mathis and Petar Jovanov.
While some are professors at prestigious universities, all the composers are establishing themselves in the contemporary scene by winning numerous international competitions and call-for-works.
Here, they are joined by a string of excellent performers including Duo Sigma, Ales Lavrencic, Sebastiano Gubian, Hirofumi Uematsu, Riccardo Catria, Roadrunner Trio, Linda Jenkins, Alexander W. Ravitz, Heeyoung Choi and Shaun Stojkovski.
This eclectic ensemble shows the true potential of contemporary music with nine new tracks written for instruments including piano, cello, flute, clarinet, flugelhorn, voice and electronic. With works that go from solo to duo and trio, passing from the latest modern experimentations to folklore and world music, here is the track-list:
The tracklist includes:
01. Absence-Mémoire - João Pedro Oliveira
02. Ballade - Gianluca Deserti
03. Fantasy on a Theme of Furusato (Hometown) for the Left Hand Alone - Rei Hamakawa
04. Fantasy on a Theme of Happy Birthday To You for the Left Hand Alone - Rei Hamakawa
05. Der hohle Zahn - Nicola Fumo Frattegiani
06. Jeux de Lignes - Ion Marmarinos
07. Like Water - Benjamin Montgomery
08. The Elves, The Lake of Saintirral - Philippe Mathis
09. Voskresenie (Resurrection) - Petar Jovanov
(in order of playlist)
01. Duo Sigma
02. Ales Lavrencic, Sebastiano Gubian
03 - 04. Hirofumi Uematsu
05. Riccardo Catria
06. Roadrunner Trio
07. Linda Jenkins, Alexander W. Ravitz, Heeyoung Choi
08. Philippe Mathis
09. Petar Jovanov, Shaun Stojkovski
Murmure Intemporel Netlabel
This compilation is presented in alphabetical order.
The audio files are in compressed mp3 format.
If you like an Artist, don't hesitate to support him by buying lossless audio files on Bandcamp.
Cover : Mix of Serious Fun (1930) & Gentle Ascent (1934) by Kandinsky.
Photos & photo-montage by Ironside. Sleeve design by Graph'Hypnotic.
Mixed/Mastered by: Mikolaj Krzaczek (THAMNOS)
ALEX JANUARY (France)
ALX BROKEN (France)
ANTHON "USHER" SHIELD (France)
ARCANE WAVES (France)
CHARLES PREMIER (France)
CLETUS VORTEX (Australia)
DEMAIN SANS FAUTE (France)
EQUILIBRIO NATURAL (Costa Rica)
FILMY GHOST (Chile)
FLYING SPECIES (France)
FOUR KNOBS (France)
GREIGO WEIGO (UK)
IVAN RISTIC (Serbia)
JEAN-PAUL PERROTTE (USA)
JOHN SHERWOOD (UK)
JOHN WIGGINS (USA)
JULIEN THOMAS (France)
KEURSLAGER KURT (Belgium)
L'ARBRE NU (France)
L'ÉTRANGE COULEUR DE L'ORICHALQUE (France)
MARCO DIBELTULU (Italy)
MAX FARAON (Italy)
MAYDON POLIRIS (Australia)
MEAN FLOW (Greece)
MES TÉNÈBRES (Poland)
MODO AVION (Germany)
MY OWN CUBIC STONE (France)
NICOLA FUMO FRATTEGIANI (Italy)
PATTERNS OF LIFE (UK)
PHILIPPE NEAU (France)
PHYINE YIEPHN (France)
PIRATE TAPES (France)
RACHEL ADALBALD & C#EMTRAILS (France/Belgique)
ROBERTO VODANOVIĆ ČOPOR (Croatia)
SAINT DE L'ABIME (Greece)
SEBASTIAN PAFUNDO (Argentina)
SUZANA'S BAUTEN (Brazil)
THOMAS PARK (USA)
VINCENT BERGERON (Canada)
ZREEN TOYZ (France)
A literary journal that is all ears
“Bodega Bay” is inspired by Alfred Hitchcock’s film “The Birds” of 1963. The composition is a sound narration of a journey across the bay where much of the film is set. This journey is to be understood as a psychic, intangible path, an involuntary path of the mind that can determine a dangerous drift. No mimetic representation then. No material simulation. But a tension towards the symbolic abstraction of a possible journey of the human spirit. The wayfarer, closed in his subjectivity, runs through this chimerical and magmatic space without any purpose, enveloped in a hostile and unpredictable nature up to the freedom intended both as an end and as overcoming and resolving.
The composition is divided into four parts:
Part 1 [0:00 to 3:52] arrival at bay
Part 2 [3:52 to 6:19] start of the journey
Part 3 [6:19 to 9:56] across the bay
Part 4 [9:56 to 11:50] freedom
Ferro White Museo Taller
Este álbum compila las obras seleccionadas en la convocatoria 2020 de miniaturas sonoras "La Llamada", organizada por el museo taller Ferrowhite y Bahía[in]sonora.
released October 11, 2020
01. "Not used to using a microphone" / Iván Elezovic
02. "La Línea y la Cinta" / Mariano Chowa Ferreira
03. "HumanBreath" / Nicola Fumo Frattegiani
04. "Stutter Particles" / Panayiotis Kokoras
05. "Here is my voice" / Petri Kuljuntausta
06. "Las llamadas" / Gabriel Latorre
07. "Conversaciones cruzadas" / Joao Pedro Oliveira
08. "Virus (rompiendo el equilibrio)" / Sebastian Pafundo
09. "Black lives matter" / Scott Sherk
The SEAMUS Electroacoustic Miniatures Series is a semi-annual album release of fixed-media works addressing a specific theme per each iteration. This year's theme, Monophonic, teases out the ‘miniatures’ genre, inviting submission of works 3 minutes max. in length, that are created to be experienced in a monophonic format.
Composers featured in this compilation are:
01. Aine Nakamura - Space Sculpting
02. Robert McClure - Viscera
03. Matthew and Timothy Polashek - Monofilaments / A Fish Tale
04. Simon Hutchinson - Regression
05. Sean Hallowell - Sicut Cervus
06. Jake Sandridge - A Child, Planting A Seed In A Tin Can, Presses One Ear To Listen
07. Doug Bielmeier - The Beast
08. Stephen Lilly - Talk About The Weather
09. Nicola Frattegiani - Monoblock Noise Stream
10. Joo Won Park - Rebeber
11. Fabio Fabbri - Monodialogues
12. Drew Smith - Monophonic Study For Four Oscillators
13. Ralph Lewis - Drive To The Edge / 1620_AM
Institute For Alien Research
Album dedicated to the radio.
The tracklist includes:
01. Die-Burial-Rot - Rigid Authoritarians Determine Indigenous Ownership [04:33]
02. Magic Bullet - Airwave Broadcast Channel Mast [04:33]
03. Shaun Robert - Scene 3 radio play element [04:33]
04. Fecal Point - and a thousand knobs began to rotate [04:33]
05. Optonoise - modulations [04:33]
06. Apollon23 - papas got your number [04:33]
07. Алексей Борисов, Mario Sakac, Ольга Носова - Radiobeethoven [04:33]
08. Claudio Parentela - le32spiagge [04:33]
09. Egone - Channel Fine [04:33]
10. Ayis Kelpekis - earth signals [04:33]
11. Franco Falistoco - RADIO 2020 [04:33]
12. Christophe Petchanatz - UVB-76 [04:33]
13. Radio Noise Duo - Plastiglomerate [04:33]
14. Nicola Fumo Frattegiani - Contracted chest [04:33]
Taukay Edizioni Musicali
At the beginning of 2019, the cultural organization Delta Produzioni issued an international call for electro-acoustic works. Delta Produzioni has over 25 years of experience in organizing events and competitions that have involved thousands of participants from all around the world.
The concept for this call for works was to examine acoustic material that explores the sound of words. The works submitted needed to contain the specific phonemes (not necessarily set to a melody or harmonized) of the language of the composers, in order to create a sound-fresco based on the use of the words and their elaboration. The acoustic material, selected by a group of experts from the 209 compositions received from 36 countries, is now available on CD.
The tracklist includes:
01. Nicola Fumo Frattegiani (Italy): Flos Asisium (2019)
02. Kenneth L. Field (USA): fifty seven one, for sixteen vocalists (2002)
03. Mattia Benedetti (Italy): Se Qatre Khun (Three Drops of Blood) (2018)
04. Yu Chung Tseng (Taiwan): Fluctuations Between - The Mutual ArisingYing andYang (2019)
05. Sergio Aarón Pérez Velázquez (Mexico): Lipograma (2019)
06. Chiara Mallozzi (Italy): ToTem (2011)
07. Dieter Kaufmann (Austria): Chanson (1971) - Text: Ernst Jandl - Recitation: Gunda Koenig
08. Francis Kayali (France / USA): Téléphone arable (2019)
09. Antonio D’Amato (Italy): Une Rencontre (2013)
The new release, titled “In Focus 2”, is part of a new editorial line created by RMN Classical to showcase brilliant talents and creators selected from the RMN Classical roster.
With this new series RMN Classical wants to build awareness around those composers that have already achieved remarkable results in their career and were awarded international prizes of notable importance.
The tracklist includes:
01. Michael Seltenreich - Trajectories
02. Marco Molteni - Barche Amorrate
03. Nicola Fumo Frattegiani - NOF4
04. Shuying Li - Weeping Bamboo
05. Juan Manuel Abras - Astor in Astorga
06. Per Christian Arnesen - Two Waltzes for piano: Waltze Friesé
07. Per Christian Arnesen - Two Waltzes for piano: Il decimo friesé
(in order of playlist)
01. The Mivos Quartet & The Jack Quartet
02. Emanuele Arciuli (piano) Emilie Cousin (voice)
03. Raffaella Palumbo (clarinets)
04. Erzhan Xu (bamboo flute), Noniko Hsu (concert flute)
05. Irati Sanz (violin), Itsaso Mungia (accordion)
06-07. Fernando Cruz (piano)
This album, the fourth of the series, features all the winners of the Call for Electroacoustic Works 2019, launched to discover composers that use technology to conceive, manipulate and create new imaginative and unexpected sounds, music and compositions.
The nine composers who are featured are (in order of playlist): Leah Reid, Benjamin Montgomery, João Pedro Oliveira, Meghan Dineen, Daniel Mayer, Greg A Steinke, Nicola Fumo Frattegiani.
In an age where music genres and sound design become more and more blurred, the ten tracks include pure electronic works, works that mix acoustic instruments and electronic and works with voice, electronic and instruments. Each of the compositions presented offers a distinctive and clear perspective of today possibilities, making use of advanced structures, sound manipulations and various combinations of timbre and sound design.
The tracklist includes:
01. Sk(etch) by Leah Reid
02. Machine by Benjamin Montgomery
03. Dark Energy by João Pedro Oliveira
04. Evangelium Campane by Maeghan Dineen
05. Matter 1 by Daniel Mayer
06 – 09. Four Desultory Episodes for Oboe by Greg A Steinke
10. Banlieue cuivrée by Nicola Fumo Frattegiani
The quality of these works should excite and inspire the audience, the experts and the more curious alike, offering a view of the 21st Century electroacoustic music panorama, an intriguing land, vastly unexplored, rich of exciting sound investigations that hopefully many others will start to enjoy and follow, an art-form full of passionate composers and performers that can grow in size and popularity in the coming years.
Gràcia Territori Sonor
This is the album with the eighth global call for Microtopies. The Microtopies are sonic miniatures that shape a special edition of Radio Música i Geografía (Ràdio Gràcia FM, Barcelona), the weekly radio program by Gràcia Territori Sonor.
The aim is to make a sonic route through a map of randomly assigned events, since the pieces received have been included in strict order of reception.
This year have been received 69 pieces from 11 countries.
Now, we invite you to take this journey. You will enjoy the maximum quality of sound recorded by the authors. Don’t listen to them by your computer loudspeakers but rather plug them in a decent sound system or put on good headphones otherwise you will miss a lot of sounds and frequencies...
Selected composition "Breath Wood"
What will soundscapes be like in the year 3018?
What will artificial intelligence's long-term impact on sound production be?
What will the inhabitants of the New Planet listen to?
From outer space, a leap into the future is a new call for works by electronicgirls in cooperation with SubSculture Arts Festival, 2018 edition. The aim of this open call is to showcase a selection of inspiring works based on their quality.
Selected artworks will be diffused through public listening during SubSculture Arts Festival, Bastione di S. Sofia, Treviso (Italy) on 8th September 2018 and collected in a digital release distributed for free on electronicgirls.org (release date: 10th September 2018).
Selected composition "Sequenze"
Octandre Electroacoustic Music
ed. Viaindustriae publishing
“La carta sonora degli Orti di San Pietro” (edited by Viaindustriae Sound with the contribution of Regione Umbria – Umbrialibri 2015 and 2016, in collaboration with the Fonoteca Trotta, the University of Perugia University’s Center for Scientific Museums and the Department of Agrarian, Food and Environmental Sciences in Perugia).
“La carta sonora degli Orti di San Pietro” was produced during UmbriaLibri 2015 and 2016, during the ninth and tenth edition of Manufatto in Situ, art and landscape workshop curated by Viaindustriae applied in the Medieval Garden and in the and Didactic-Social Garden of San Pietro, in collaboration with Fonoteca Regionale Trotta, the University Center for the Scientific Museums – University of Perugia and with the Department of Agricultural, Food and Environmental Sciences. The workshop hosted 18 young visual and sound artists and 5 visiting artists, from different backgrounds, who recorded and mapped, documented and reinvented the places of the three gardens and their social relations. The outcome was a site-specific live set, “Campestre, mimetica“. From this experience, viaindustriae published the first “Quaderno di Campo” together with an audio CD, as a prototype of an editorial series in collaboration with the Fonoteca Trotta. This mapping configures and proposes a more systematic regional intervention starting from the Carta Sonora model to outline geography of interesting “acoustic places” in terms of soundscape/soundscape/listening. On the cover of the editorial research, Eugenio Faina, founder of the Istituto Superiore Agrario di San Pietro, created from the beginning (1894) as a space for pedagogical “experimentation”.