A literary journal that is all ears
“Bodega Bay” is inspired by Alfred Hitchcock’s film “The Birds” of 1963. The composition is a sound narration of a journey across the bay where much of the film is set. This journey is to be understood as a psychic, intangible path, an involuntary path of the mind that can determine a dangerous drift. No mimetic representation then. No material simulation. But a tension towards the symbolic abstraction of a possible journey of the human spirit. The wayfarer, closed in his subjectivity, runs through this chimerical and magmatic space without any purpose, enveloped in a hostile and unpredictable nature up to the freedom intended both as an end and as overcoming and resolving.
The composition is divided into four parts:
Part 1 [0:00 to 3:52] arrival at bay
Part 2 [3:52 to 6:19] start of the journey
Part 3 [6:19 to 9:56] across the bay
Part 4 [9:56 to 11:50] freedom
Ferro White Museo Taller
Este álbum compila las obras seleccionadas en la convocatoria 2020 de miniaturas sonoras "La Llamada", organizada por el museo taller Ferrowhite y Bahía[in]sonora.
released October 11, 2020
01. "Not used to using a microphone" / Iván Elezovic
02. "La Línea y la Cinta" / Mariano Chowa Ferreira
03. "HumanBreath" / Nicola Fumo Frattegiani
04. "Stutter Particles" / Panayiotis Kokoras
05. "Here is my voice" / Petri Kuljuntausta
06. "Las llamadas" / Gabriel Latorre
07. "Conversaciones cruzadas" / Joao Pedro Oliveira
08. "Virus (rompiendo el equilibrio)" / Sebastian Pafundo
09. "Black lives matter" / Scott Sherk
The SEAMUS Electroacoustic Miniatures Series is a semi-annual album release of fixed-media works addressing a specific theme per each iteration. This year's theme, Monophonic, teases out the ‘miniatures’ genre, inviting submission of works 3 minutes max. in length, that are created to be experienced in a monophonic format.
Composers featured in this compilation are:
01. Aine Nakamura - Space Sculpting
02. Robert McClure - Viscera
03. Matthew and Timothy Polashek - Monofilaments / A Fish Tale
04. Simon Hutchinson - Regression
05. Sean Hallowell - Sicut Cervus
06. Jake Sandridge - A Child, Planting A Seed In A Tin Can, Presses One Ear To Listen
07. Doug Bielmeier - The Beast
08. Stephen Lilly - Talk About The Weather
09. Nicola Frattegiani - Monoblock Noise Stream
10. Joo Won Park - Rebeber
11. Fabio Fabbri - Monodialogues
12. Drew Smith - Monophonic Study For Four Oscillators
13. Ralph Lewis - Drive To The Edge / 1620_AM
Institute For Alien Research
Album dedicated to the radio.
The tracklist includes:
01. Die-Burial-Rot - Rigid Authoritarians Determine Indigenous Ownership [04:33]
02. Magic Bullet - Airwave Broadcast Channel Mast [04:33]
03. Shaun Robert - Scene 3 radio play element [04:33]
04. Fecal Point - and a thousand knobs began to rotate [04:33]
05. Optonoise - modulations [04:33]
06. Apollon23 - papas got your number [04:33]
07. Алексей Борисов, Mario Sakac, Ольга Носова - Radiobeethoven [04:33]
08. Claudio Parentela - le32spiagge [04:33]
09. Egone - Channel Fine [04:33]
10. Ayis Kelpekis - earth signals [04:33]
11. Franco Falistoco - RADIO 2020 [04:33]
12. Christophe Petchanatz - UVB-76 [04:33]
13. Radio Noise Duo - Plastiglomerate [04:33]
14. Nicola Fumo Frattegiani - Contracted chest [04:33]
Taukay Edizioni Musicali
At the beginning of 2019, the cultural organization Delta Produzioni issued an international call for electro-acoustic works. Delta Produzioni has over 25 years of experience in organizing events and competitions that have involved thousands of participants from all around the world.
The concept for this call for works was to examine acoustic material that explores the sound of words. The works submitted needed to contain the specific phonemes (not necessarily set to a melody or harmonized) of the language of the composers, in order to create a sound-fresco based on the use of the words and their elaboration. The acoustic material, selected by a group of experts from the 209 compositions received from 36 countries, is now available on CD.
The tracklist includes:
01. Nicola Fumo Frattegiani (Italy): Flos Asisium (2019)
02. Kenneth L. Field (USA): fifty seven one, for sixteen vocalists (2002)
03. Mattia Benedetti (Italy): Se Qatre Khun (Three Drops of Blood) (2018)
04. Yu Chung Tseng (Taiwan): Fluctuations Between - The Mutual ArisingYing andYang (2019)
05. Sergio Aarón Pérez Velázquez (Mexico): Lipograma (2019)
06. Chiara Mallozzi (Italy): ToTem (2011)
07. Dieter Kaufmann (Austria): Chanson (1971) - Text: Ernst Jandl - Recitation: Gunda Koenig
08. Francis Kayali (France / USA): Téléphone arable (2019)
09. Antonio D’Amato (Italy): Une Rencontre (2013)
The new release, titled “In Focus 2”, is part of a new editorial line created by RMN Classical to showcase brilliant talents and creators selected from the RMN Classical roster.
With this new series RMN Classical wants to build awareness around those composers that have already achieved remarkable results in their career and were awarded international prizes of notable importance.
The tracklist includes:
01. Michael Seltenreich - Trajectories
02. Marco Molteni - Barche Amorrate
03. Nicola Fumo Frattegiani - NOF4
04. Shuying Li - Weeping Bamboo
05. Juan Manuel Abras - Astor in Astorga
06. Per Christian Arnesen - Two Waltzes for piano: Waltze Friesé
07. Per Christian Arnesen - Two Waltzes for piano: Il decimo friesé
(in order of playlist)
01. The Mivos Quartet & The Jack Quartet
02. Emanuele Arciuli (piano) Emilie Cousin (voice)
03. Raffaella Palumbo (clarinets)
04. Erzhan Xu (bamboo flute), Noniko Hsu (concert flute)
05. Irati Sanz (violin), Itsaso Mungia (accordion)
06-07. Fernando Cruz (piano)
This album, the fourth of the series, features all the winners of the Call for Electroacoustic Works 2019, launched to discover composers that use technology to conceive, manipulate and create new imaginative and unexpected sounds, music and compositions.
The nine composers who are featured are (in order of playlist): Leah Reid, Benjamin Montgomery, João Pedro Oliveira, Meghan Dineen, Daniel Mayer, Greg A Steinke, Nicola Fumo Frattegiani.
In an age where music genres and sound design become more and more blurred, the ten tracks include pure electronic works, works that mix acoustic instruments and electronic and works with voice, electronic and instruments. Each of the compositions presented offers a distinctive and clear perspective of today possibilities, making use of advanced structures, sound manipulations and various combinations of timbre and sound design.
The tracklist includes:
01. Sk(etch) by Leah Reid
02. Machine by Benjamin Montgomery
03. Dark Energy by João Pedro Oliveira
04. Evangelium Campane by Maeghan Dineen
05. Matter 1 by Daniel Mayer
06 – 09. Four Desultory Episodes for Oboe by Greg A Steinke
10. Banlieue cuivrée by Nicola Fumo Frattegiani
The quality of these works should excite and inspire the audience, the experts and the more curious alike, offering a view of the 21st Century electroacoustic music panorama, an intriguing land, vastly unexplored, rich of exciting sound investigations that hopefully many others will start to enjoy and follow, an art-form full of passionate composers and performers that can grow in size and popularity in the coming years.
Gràcia Territori Sonor
This is the album with the eighth global call for Microtopies. The Microtopies are sonic miniatures that shape a special edition of Radio Música i Geografía (Ràdio Gràcia FM, Barcelona), the weekly radio program by Gràcia Territori Sonor.
The aim is to make a sonic route through a map of randomly assigned events, since the pieces received have been included in strict order of reception.
This year have been received 69 pieces from 11 countries.
Now, we invite you to take this journey. You will enjoy the maximum quality of sound recorded by the authors. Don’t listen to them by your computer loudspeakers but rather plug them in a decent sound system or put on good headphones otherwise you will miss a lot of sounds and frequencies...
Selected composition "Breath Wood"
Octandre Electroacoustic Music
Selected composition "Ropes, water and blocks" - capsule n°44
What will soundscapes be like in the year 3018?
What will artificial intelligence's long-term impact on sound production be?
What will the inhabitants of the New Planet listen to?
From outer space, a leap into the future is a new call for works by electronicgirls in cooperation with SubSculture Arts Festival, 2018 edition. The aim of this open call is to showcase a selection of inspiring works based on their quality.
Selected artworks will be diffused through public listening during SubSculture Arts Festival, Bastione di S. Sofia, Treviso (Italy) on 8th September 2018 and collected in a digital release distributed for free on electronicgirls.org (release date: 10th September 2018).
Selected composition "Sequenze"
ed. Viaindustriae publishing
“La carta sonora degli Orti di San Pietro” (edited by Viaindustriae Sound with the contribution of Regione Umbria – Umbrialibri 2015 and 2016, in collaboration with the Fonoteca Trotta, the University of Perugia University’s Center for Scientific Museums and the Department of Agrarian, Food and Environmental Sciences in Perugia).
“La carta sonora degli Orti di San Pietro” was produced during UmbriaLibri 2015 and 2016, during the ninth and tenth edition of Manufatto in Situ, art and landscape workshop curated by Viaindustriae applied in the Medieval Garden and in the and Didactic-Social Garden of San Pietro, in collaboration with Fonoteca Regionale Trotta, the University Center for the Scientific Museums – University of Perugia and with the Department of Agricultural, Food and Environmental Sciences. The workshop hosted 18 young visual and sound artists and 5 visiting artists, from different backgrounds, who recorded and mapped, documented and reinvented the places of the three gardens and their social relations. The outcome was a site-specific live set, “Campestre, mimetica“. From this experience, viaindustriae published the first “Quaderno di Campo” together with an audio CD, as a prototype of an editorial series in collaboration with the Fonoteca Trotta. This mapping configures and proposes a more systematic regional intervention starting from the Carta Sonora model to outline geography of interesting “acoustic places” in terms of soundscape/soundscape/listening. On the cover of the editorial research, Eugenio Faina, founder of the Istituto Superiore Agrario di San Pietro, created from the beginning (1894) as a space for pedagogical “experimentation”.